The celebrated chamber choir Schola Cantorum gives a beautiful concert in Háteigskirkja Reykjavík Sunday September 26th at 5 pm.
On the programme are works by Icelandic and foreign composers which will be performed a cappella – they are musically demanding but at the same time accessible, introspective and inspiring for meditation.
Conductor is Hörður Áskelsson.
The program of this concert is being recorded for a new CD by the famous Swedish label BIS in Skálholtskirkja in the week before the concert. Schola Cantorum continues on the path laid out with the publication of the Meditatio album, which caught the attention of music lovers in Iceland and abroad for its challenging repertoire and refined performance.
Ticket sale is on TIX.IS and in Háteigskirkja one hour before the concert. Admission: ISK 3.900.
1. Elegy — Daniel Elder (b. 1986)/Daniel Adams Butterfield
2. Nú legg ég þér í lófa — Þóra Marteinsdóttir (b. 1978)/J. Hausmann—Sigurbjörn Einarsson
3. Ave verum corpus — Auður Guðjohnsen (b. 1975)/Latin hymn
4. Vor hinsti dagur — Haukur Tómasson (b. 1960)/Halldór Laxness
5. Lux aeterna — Hreiðar Ingi Þorsteinsson (b. 1978)/Latin Requiem text
6. Sofðu unga ástin mín — Icelandic folk song, arr. Hafsteinn Þórólfsson (f.1977)
7. Sanctus: London — Ola Gjeilo (b. 1978)/Latin Mass text
8. Agnus Dei — Björn Thorarensen/Latin Mass text
9. Fagurt er í fjörðum — Icelandic folk song, arr. John Hearne (b. 1937) Solo: Rakel Edda Guðmundsdóttir
10. Ubi caritas — Paul Mealor (b. 1975)/Latin hymn
11. Ave verum corpus — Sigurður Sævarsson (b. 1963)/Latin chant
12. In paradisum — Galina Gregorjeva (b. 1962)/Latin Requiem text
13. Nunc dimittis — Pawel Lukaszewsky (b. 1968)/Canticle of Simeon
14. In paradisum — Pärt Uusberg (b. 1986)/Latin Requiem text
15. Sleep — Eric Whitacre (b. 1970)/Charles Anthony Silvestri